Weekend Recommendations - Holiday Style

Feeling a bit overwhelmed about the amount of things to do this month? Well, I don’t know about you, but my head is spinning. And I won’t even get into the fact that I haven’t done any of my Christmas shopping for my kids yet or finished my Christmas cards. Speaking of which, I received a Christmas card from a friend this year the day after Thanksgiving. I think that’s a personal record. As for me, I shot some black and white pictures of the boys last week that I’m hoping to use for the Christmas card this year, and I’m still waiting for the shots to come back from the lab. *sigh* I’m a still a sucker for film. Either that or I just like to make things difficult for myself.

So with all the preparation for Christmas still ahead I thought I’d do the only logical thing. I’m going out tonight. The boys and I are heading over to the Worthington Community Center for their FREE holiday party. They will have holidays crafts, cookie decorating, holiday bingo and an appearance from Santa!

On the subject of “free” I'm on the hunt for that this weekend, seeing as though payday is still 3 days away. So I've found some other things around town that offer free fun:

Christmas the old-fashioned way: The Orange Johnson House
An historic building in downtown Worthington, they deck the halls Victorian style. This is a fascinating place to visit to let your kids experience a little piece of history for free. All volunteers dress in costume and there are treats served. Open on Sundays, 1-5 pm. 956 High Street.




Lights display: Creekside Park, Gahanna
A winter wonderland with a beautiful lights display and festive decorations near downtown Gahanna. Starts at dusk. And did I say it's free?

A one day road trip: Historic Roscoe Village
Christmas candlelightings take place at 6pm each Saturday. Get there early for singing carolers, surrey rides and live reindeer. OK, so not totally free since you have to pay a little more for gas. But hey, it’s down to $1.55 a gallon now right?

Enjoy your weekend! Here are some other locations around town to catch the holiday spirit:

The Franklin Park Conservatory
Easton
Columbus Zoo
Ohio Village

No comments: